Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Streams of Water

This is a song by EPO.
I was fortunate enough to be part of writting this song...but today I learned the weight of this song in life.

Lord, I have cried many tears for the ones I love that are not getting it right. This is the prayer of our hearts, to truly love your law.

Sustain me according to your promise
Your Word is truth that endures forever
Uphold me, and I will be delivered
Give me life according to your word
To your word

I cry out Lord as I stand in your presence
You give me understanding of your Word
Your law is my delight and I will praise you
Your righteousness is righteous forever
Forever

Streams of water run down my eyes
Because of those who do not keep your law
Turn to me and have mercy on me
As you do to those who love your name
As you do to those who love your name

I rise before dawn and cry for your help oh Lord
I will maintain hope in all of your Words
Hear my voice according to your steadfast love
According to your justice give me life
Give me life

Your reject all who stray from your law
The wicked you discard like dross
Therefore I love your law
I stand in awe

Streams of water run down my eyes
Because of those who do not keep your law
Turn to me and have mercy on me
As you do to those who love your name
As you do to those who love your name

2 comments:

JoyfullyHis said...

Nice lyrics. Any particular reference in mind or just the general premise? We need to hear the song too! but wow at the words. wow.

T said...

The song was written from a couple of versions of Psalm 119.

We are in the process of laying this one in the studio. It is one of those that is not coming easy... it is personal to everyone who wrote it; and it is so relevant right now.

We actually have written and finished other songs since we started on this one but it is still moving at a turtle's pace.

In God's time :-) Will post it when we are done so you can hear.

Miss you...wish you were here to help me lay some of this in the studio! You have always been one of my favorite people to share music with.